Birthplace: Seoul, Korea
Residence: Menlo Park, CA
College: Pepperdine University; Business Administration
- Ranked #1 NorCal juniors going undefeated last 3 years
- #2 Nationally Boy's 18s
- Longest win streak in NorCal Men's Open history (3 years- 76 matches)
- Played #1 Pepperdine University
- Ranked #370 ATP Singles and #350 ATP Doubles
- Wins over Paradorn Schrichaphan, Mardy Fish, Taylor Dent, Victor Hanescu
- Hitting partner for Michael Chang & Kim Clijsters
- Announcer SAP Open
Michael has had the opportunity of working with passionate tennis players since 2001. In those years his students have gone onto play at top colleges around the nation. Michael is known for teaching tactics, footwork, and strategy. However, he believes his greatest accomplishment is when he can help players see the game from a new perspective or psychology. Michael's core belief is that every student has the ability to be great. This is where Michael’s coaching passion lies.
Head Professional, Oak Creek
Birthplace: Bankok, Thailand
Residence: Palo Alto, CA
- Won numerous singles and doubles ITF titles
- Gold medalist in the University Games
- Member of the Thai Junior Davis Cup Team
Pete brings tremendous playing experience to the Player Capital Team. His clean rhythmic ball striking abilities will be sure to enhance his student’s consistency and flow on the court.
Head Professional, Holbrook-Palmer Park
Birthplace: East Palo Alto, CA
Residence: San Francisco, CA
High School: Sacred Heart Prep/Menlo Atherton High School
- Played 3 singles at Sacred Heart Prep
- 1999 Male Track Athelete of the Year: St. Joseph’s
- 15 years of tennis experience
Jose brings focus and passion to his tennis and his coaching. Tennis has been a huge part of his life since he was young. Tennis has been more than a sport to Jose, but a way of life. His appreciation and love for the sport helps him guide his students to become the best they can.
Birthplace: Salinas, CA
Residence: Santa Cruz, CA
College: UC Santa Cruz, Economics/Environmental Studies
- 2011 ATP Doubles Ranking #1244
- #1 Singles and Doubles for UC Santa Cruz
- 2010 NCAA DIII Doubles Champion
- 2007 NCAA DIII Team Champion
- 6 Time NCAA All-American
- Former Assistant Coach at UCSC, 2 years
Brian’s commitment and love for the game of tennis has grown throughout his 20 years of playing experience, and peeked during his time in college. During this period he became a student of the game, asking questions that were never explained to him in order to better understand the nuances of tennis. These are the ideas and dedication he now hopes to pass along to his students.
Birthplace: San Jose, CA
Residence: San Jose, CA
High School: Leigh High School
College: Cal Poly Pomona, Business Entrepreneurship
- Played 1 & 2 at Leigh High School with undefeated seasons Freshman and Senior years
- Captain of the high school team for 2 years, leading the team to two League Championships with 4 MVP awards
- Cal Poly Pomona Tennis Team
- Practice Director for the Cal Poly Pomona Tennis Club Team. Successful in progressing the team from a 34th place finish to an 8th place finish in annual Sectionals
- Current Archbishop Mitty JV Girls Tennis Team Head Coach
With over 20 years of experience in the sport, Tyler has managed to attain extensive amounts of knowledge being trained by some of the best coaches in the Bay Area. Being well rounded in almost every sport invented, he most enjoys spending his spare time playing basketball, being a former high school MVP and Senior Showcase All-Star starter. A passionate teacher always striving to create fresh and engaging drills. A believer in his personal philosophy for universal success of Adaptation, Awareness, and Authenticity.
Birthplace: Porterville, CA
Residence: Menlo Park, CA
College: Stanford University
- USPTA Elite Pro
- Stanford Varsity tennis team
- Played 3 years on professional tour
- Director of Tennis overseeing Menlo High School and college programs for 10 years, during which the teams won 4 State Championships and 9 Conference Titles, Named "Coach of the Year" twice.
- Has taught and coached at all levels and ages of players, including sectional and nationally ranked juniors as well as touring professionals.
Alan's long experience with tennis in the Bay Area offers a unique perspective on what it takes to succeed at tennis, but also how to translate tennis learning to life success. He coaches individuals and teams to improve their technical abilities, perceptions of the game and the understanding of tennis strategy. For more information, please see www.clevertennis.com.
Birthplace: Santa Clara, CA
Residence: Cupertino, CA
College: Chapman University, Business Administration
- Played 1 at high school Varsity level (Kehillah Jewish High Scholl) and was team captain for 3 years
- won MVP award for her success on the team 3 years
- currently plays for Chapman Women's Tennis Team
- Has been coaching for 4 years, for clubs and tennis professional all around Silicon Valley
I have been playing competitive tennis for 13 years and it has been a huge part of my life ever since I was very young. My tournament and practice experience from Michael Jessup's diligent training and other professional coaches' input has given me much knowledge about the game that I can now incorporate into my own coaching style.I have a deep understanding of the physical and psychological aspects of the game that I share with my students.
College: Santa Clara University; Accounting
Tamra brings her business background along with a knowledge of the sport. Tamra works as a Financial Systems and Accounting Consultant and has worked as an Office Manager and a Corporate Controller. She follows junior tennis, having coached high school JV tennis for 10 years.
In her free time, Tamra cares for her dogs, helps with Bingo at the VA Hospital and watches NASCAR whenever she can.